Embark on a guided tour of Płaszów Concentration Camp and learn about one of the darkest chapters in history: the Jewish Holocaust.
Płaszów Concentration Camp Tour
Meet your guide in Krakow's Rynek Główny, or main square, where we'll board a public bus to the former Nazi concentration camp at Płaszów, located 15 minutes away.
Having arrived at the former camp, we'll remember the tragic events which took place here from 1943 onwards, when Płaszów began to receive thousands of Jews from the Krakow ghetto. As we walk through the remains of the camp, we'll learn about its past, including the mass executions that took place here.
We'll tour the different monuments in memory of the 10,000 people who lost their lives in this camp. We'll also see the house where the commander of the camp, where Amon Goeth lived, his office and the quarries where the prisoners were forced to work.
Not far from Płaszów, we'll find the quarries where Spielberg recreated the concentration camp for his film Schindler's List.
At the end of the tour, we'll head back to the original meeting point in Krakow for 2 pm.
We'll head from Krakow to Płaszów by public bus, the price of this ticket is approximately €0.50.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Per PersonUS$ 40.80
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide throughout the visit.
Entry to the Płaszów concentration camp.
Ticket for public transport (€0.50 approx).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Rynek Główny, 5.