Best things to buy in Kraków
- Amber: Amber is one of the most representative products in Poland, and there is beautiful and reasonably-priced amber jewelry.
- Vodka: It is believed that Poland produces the world’s best Vodka. The country has numerous vodka brands, one of the most famous is Wyborowa.
- Antiques: Kraków has many antique stores packed with gems from different periods.
- Wooden objects: In Poland you can find items made of wood of all sizes, shapes and colors, including jewelry boxes, small souvenirs and chess sets.
- Crystal and porcelain: Poland is also famous for its beautiful crystal and porcelain. These make great souvenirs.
- Obwarzanek: Also known as the Cracovian bagel, these delicious salted round shaped doughs are sold on every corner street. A definite must when visiting Kraków.
- Florianska: It is considered the most important shopping thoroughfare in Kraków. It runs from the east of the Main Market Square to St Florian’s Gate.
- Grodzka: Grodzka Street is one of the best places to buy souvenirs, as well as the Cloths Hall in the center of the Main Square.
- Cloths Hall: The building located in the heart of the Main Square houses the best souvenir shops in Kraków.
Kraków does not stand out for its shopping malls, but the most-visited are the following:
- Galeria Krakowska (ul. Pawia, 5): Situated in the city center, the Galeria Krakowska is the largest shopping center in Kraków. It has around 250 stores of all types, as well as various bars and restaurants.
- Galeria Kazimierz (ul. Podgórska, 34): This shopping mall is located in the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz) and has several unique shops, restaurants, a cinema and a bowling alley.
- Passage 13 (Rynek Główny 13): Housed in two old townhouses, on the southern part of the Main Market Square, is a charming shopping arcade with some of the city’s most exclusive shops. It is worth visiting.
3See photo gallery