Best things to buy in Kraków
- Amber: Amber is one of the most representative products in Poland, and there is beautiful and reasonably-priced amber jewelry.
- Vodka: It is believed that Poland produces the world’s best Vodka. The country has numerous vodka brands, one of the most famous is Wyborowa.
- Antiques: Kraków has many antique stores packed with gems from different periods.
- Wooden objects: In Poland you can find items made of wood of all sizes, shapes and colors, including jewelry boxes, small souvenirs and chess sets.
- Crystal and porcelain: Poland is also famous for its beautiful crystal and porcelain. These make great souvenirs.
- Obwarzanek: Also known as the Cracovian bagel, these delicious salted round shaped doughs are sold on every corner street. A definite must when visiting Kraków.
Shopping streets in Kraków
- Florianska: It is considered the most important shopping thoroughfare in Kraków. It runs from the east of the Main Market Square to St Florian’s Gate.
- Grodzka: Grodzka Street is one of the best places to buy souvenirs, as well as the Cloths Hall in the center of the Main Square.
- Cloths Hall: The building located in the heart of the Main Square houses the best souvenir shops in Kraków.
Shopping centers in Kraków
Kraków does not stand out for its shopping malls, but the most-visited are the following:
- Galeria Krakowska (ul. Pawia, 5): Situated in the city center, the Galeria Krakowska is the largest shopping center in Kraków. It has around 250 stores of all types, as well as various bars and restaurants.
- Galeria Kazimierz (ul. Podgórska, 34): This shopping mall is located in the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz) and has several unique shops, restaurants, a cinema and a bowling alley.
- Passage 13 (Rynek Główny 13): Housed in two old townhouses, on the southern part of the Main Market Square, is a charming shopping arcade with some of the city’s most exclusive shops. It is worth visiting.
3See photo gallery