Drive your own dog sledge through the frozen landscapes of the Tatra Mountains in the south of Poland. Are you ready for an unforgettable adventure?
Dog Sled Ride
After picking you up from your hotel in Krakow we will head to the south of Poland. Our destination is Witów, a picturesque mountain village close to the border with Slovakia, situated in the fascinating natural wilderness of the Tatra Mountains.
Once we have arrived in Witów, we will visit a husky reserve where we will play with these friendly animals. The staff at the centre will show us how to prepare the harnesses and all the necessary materials to operate the sleds. You will also be shown how to drive the one form of transport that's perfectly adapted to the frozen terrain of the Tatra mountains.
After the instruction presentation, you'll be ready to try it for real. Accompanied by your instructor, who will drive, you will take a ride on your husky dog sled. The route, which covers a total distance of 2 kilometres, will run through the beautiful landscape of the Chocholowska Valley.
We finish the journey back at the husky dog sanctuary. From there we will return you to your hotel in Krakow.
The maximum permitted weight is 100 kg (220 pounds) per person.
What is the capacity of each sled?
- Each sled has maximum capacity of 2 people: a driver (standing) and one passenger (seated). They can change roles as many times as they want during the journey.
- We also have family sleds which can carry up to 4 seated passengers (2 adults and 2 children).
- The dog sled will be driven by a professional guide.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 8% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 8% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 2 people||Up to 4 people||Up to 8 people|
|Private English Language Tour||
US$ 333.50 US$ 297.80
Private English Language Tour
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 333.50 US$ 297.80
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 357.40
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 405
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
2 kilometre husky dogsled ride.
Exclusive private tour for only you and your partner, family or friends.
11% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Krakow local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long does tha transfer take?
A - 2 hours.
Q - When does the tour return?
A - Around 4 pm
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).